You paid for it…right? So, it’s yours…RIGHT?
Here are five things to list/check to make sure your logo is truly yours:
• Make sure the price you are paying to develop your logo includes ALL usage rights.
• Establish, upfront and in writing, that your logo designer will release all copyright claims regarding your logo.
• Ensure that your logo package contains a vector graphic (.eps or .ai) file along with file formats needed for all forms of print and digital media.
• If there is any possibility that you will want to trademark your logo in the future, make sure your logo does not incorporate copyrighted graphics in its development.
• Keep your logo files in a safe place and don’t lose track of them. Recreating your logo could be an expensive proposition…and one that may re-expose you to copyright issues.